Here’s a list of qualities from which to select an area to explore, experiment with, and expand…
- Abstraction: Abstract concepts from ideas
- Connection: Connect things that don’t initially appear connected
- Perspective: Shift perspective of a situation in terms of time, space and other people’s point of view
- Curiosity: Seek to change or improve things that everyone else accepts as the norm
- Boldness: Push boundaries beyond accepted conventions
- Paradox: Accept and work with statements that are contradictory
- Complexity: Carry large quantities of information and mix and match the relationship among that information
- Persistence: Force yourself to derive more and stronger solutions even when good ones have already been generated.
Source: Trying the CREAX Questionnaire, Jeannette Annegren, EIRMA Learning Group Managing (?) Creativity, 26-27 April 2007, Summary Proceedings page 10. Note: The document this links to has a great creative thinking tools section beginning on page 11 and continuing throughout the doc.